Pack a Tropical PunchÂ
To help you celebrate all month long, Red BullÂ has partnered with esteemed L.A. mixologist, Aaron Melendrez, to concoct Hispanic themed mocktails that are perfect for each lively occasion.
Melendrez found himself in the kitchen from a young age, spending time learning the techniques andÂ recipesÂ of his Mexican-American grandmother and aunts. Years later, he focused his passion on gourmet cocktails whileÂ incorporatingÂ thoseÂ classic cooking techniques.
These festive beverages inspired by Hispanic flavors will give you the energy you need for any and every occasion!
We all remember the fruit guy on the corner on the hottest of days. Well this mocktail pays homage to him. Mango, Lime juice, Tajin, and Red Bull Yellow Edition with tropical notes, transform our favorite flavors of summer fruit into what is sure to be a Latin favorite. Yields 1 Drink.Â
4 oz Red Bull Yellow Edition
1 oz Mango PurÃ©e (perfect PurÃ©e)
3/4 oz Fresh Lime juice
1 oz Spicy Simple Syrup*
Lime Wheel for Garnish
*Spicy Simple Syrup Instructions: Bring 1 cup of water to boil, once boiling reduce heat and stir in 1 cup of sugar and 1 habanero pepper until sugar dissolved. After sugar has dissolved taste once every 5 minutes to achieve perfect amount of spice. Steep no longer then 20 minutes
- Take two small plates and put spicy simple syrup on one, and Tajin salt on the other plate.
- Dip rim of a Collins Glass in simple syrup then in Tajin salt to coat rim of glass.
- In a cocktail shaker add in mango purÃ©e, spicy simple syrup, a pinch of salt and 3 ice cubes.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Open cocktail shaker and add in Red Bull Yellow Edition into shaken mix.
- Pour drink into rimmed glass.
- Top with crushed ice and garnish with a lime wheel.