One of the best things about being an adult is getting to eat dessert whenever you’d like! With October being National Dessert Month, it’s the perfect excuse to bring together your favorite people for an indulgent evening of sips and sweets!
Lifestyle expert and go-to for all-things-dessert, Alejandra Ramos of Always Order Dessert, shares her tips for hosting a really sweet party and a Barefoot Moscato Wine Cake recipe that your guests will not be able to resist!
- Host a dessert party where each guest is in charge of one kind of treat. From brownies and cookies to more decadent layer cakes, let each person bring their favorite. (Tip: ask guests to bring a serving utensil to go along with their dessert and a small card with the details about the sweet.)
- To drink, offer-up glasses of sparkling Barefoot Bubbly Brut Cuvée, or a sweet, but crisp, wine like Barefoot Bubbly Pink Moscato to enjoy along with the treats
- Be preemptive about leftovers by stocking-up on cardboard or aluminum takeaway boxes (these can be found at a dollar or crafts store). Make them available for guests to grab a few extra treats to take home at the end of the night
- If your friends are the competitive type, you can turn the party into a friendly competition and ask guests to anonymously vote for their favorite dessert. All the votes go into a basket then are tallied-up at the end. Send the winner home with a sweet prize like a cookbook or pretty ceramic cake plate
- Can’t decide what to bake? Try an easy Moscato Wine Cake! You can make the recipe by using just one bowl, and it takes less than an hour from start to finish. And yes, there IS wine baked right into the cake. Amazing!
Barefoot Moscato Wine Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Barefoot Moscato
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour one 10″ Bundt pan.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and beat with an electric mixer for about 4 minutes till batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan and bake at 350 F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.